Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm so unpopular that misery hasn't even invited me over...

So, i just got off the phone with Johnny, and I asked him what it's like to be miserable.

"What?" he asks.
"Well, yeah, I've never really been miserable before. Have you?"
"Yeah... you've made me miserable." he added in a quieter tone.
"I know." I breath back to him, "what's it like?"
After a sigh he tries to explain it to me. "It's like, you're standing still but everyone around you is still moving."

After I while I was able to understand that, between the lines, I think he was trying to say that what seemed to hurt the most was that everyone was either oblivious to his suffering, or that they didn't seem to care.

I just got back from watching (500) Days of Summer, and as I was driving home, I was realizing that I've never felt pain like that, never been so miserable that all I would do is lay in bed for 2 days eating twinkies and zoning in on my emotional wounds.

I've never been there. Have you?

I can only remember one time that I've been remotely close - I was so upset about the lecture that I was hearing that all I could do at the moment was cry and make heavy tears to the bark of the tree that I was leaning on. And honestly, in that situation I think I was just being a brat. I was being told "No." - and that''s the closest to miserable I've ever come; and for some reason, it makes me sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment